When people have an injury of some kind they immediately look for ways to heal it. This approach doesn’t apply the same way to psychological injuries; a huge number of people walk around with unresolved mental pain. One of the great benefits of building self-awareness is that it offers you the opportunity to take a careful look at yourself and identify the areas in your life that need healing. Take some time to think of questions like the following so you can live a healthy, fulfilling personal or professional life:
- What unresolved issues do I have in my life that bring me pain?
- What issues do I have that affect my ability to live an authentic life?
- What issues might I change so I can be happier?
- How do my hurts affect others?
- How would my life be different if I healed my hurts?
- What am I willing to do today to heal myself?
When you examine who you are and what makes you tick, you’ll discover amazing strengths as well as areas that need some care. Healing psychologically is not an easy process but it’s deeply rewarding because your pain won’t hold you back any longer. How will you begin to heal?